April 7 Newsletter
Click here to view the April 7 Schoolzine eNewsletter!
June 7 Newsletter
Click here to view the June 7 Schoolzine eNewsletter!
April 12 Newsletter
Click here to view the April 12 Schoolzine eNewsletter!
March 10 Newsletter
Click here to view the March 10 Schoolzine eNewsletter!
Harmony and World Down Syndrome Awareness Day
COVID-19 Vaccination Program for ages 12 years or older
Our school is participating in a program to provide COVID-19 vaccination to secondary students during school hours.
This is an important initiative to increase the convenience of COVID-19 vaccination.
The vaccinating team will be attending Durham Road School on Thursday March 3rd, 2022.
The vaccine that will be offered is the Pfizer (Comirnaty) vaccine for individuals that are 12 years or older.
Your child will be able to receive their first dose, second dose or third/booster dose as part of the program.
This initiative is optional. Parents and guardians can elect to take their child/ren to GPs, pharmacies or state-led community vaccination clinics.
Please visit https://rollup.wa.gov.au/ if you would prefer for your child to receive a vaccine other than Pfizer (Comirnaty) or would prefer to take your child for vaccination yourself.
We require your consent prior to being able to vaccinate your child. This is a 2 step process that requires you to:
- Register your dependent in VaccinateWA – you will need to complete all relevant sections about your child including providing consent.
- You can find information about registering your dependant here. You will not need to book an appointment, as this has been organised through the school.
- Complete a paper-based consent form – it is located here. All sections of the consent form must be completed, and the form must be signed.
- Consent forms must be returned to school by Friday 25th February, 2022.
If you require additional information about COVID-19 vaccination, we encourage you to review the following sites or call 13COVID.
Years 7 - 12 Secondary Assistance Scheme
Years 7 - 12
2022 Secondary Assistance Scheme
The West Australian Department of Education provides allowances to assist eligible families with secondary schooling costs for students enrolled in years 7 to 12.
NOTE: The allowance is paid up to and including the year the student turns 18 years of age i.e. students born in 2003 or before are ineligible in 2022.
To be eligible for the allowance the PARENT must hold one of the following cards:
• Department of Human Services (Centrelink) Health Care Card
• Department of Human Services (Centrelink) Pensioner Concession Card
• Veteran Affair Pensioner Concession Card
The allowance consists of two components:
• $115 Clothing Allowance paid directly to the Parent/Guardian.
• $235 Educational Program Allowance paid directly to the school.
The $235.00 Educational program Allowance goes towards school charges, excursions, cooking, outings and other activities.
Parents can also elect to have the $115.00 Clothing Allowance paid directly to the school, which will further reduce your charges.
The Secondary Assistance Scheme Allowance form must be filled out by the Parent/Carer and a Durham Road representative.
Applications close Friday 8th April 2022. No late applications will be accepted.
Family Liaison Officer
UNIFORM SHOP Special session for DRS
UNIFORM SHOP Special opening for Durham Road School families on Saturday 22 January 2022 - 2:30 to 4:30 pm at Tudor School Uniforms, Unit 1/75 Excellence Drive, Wangara.
December 17 Newsletter
Click here to view the December 17 Schoolzine eNewsletter!
Vaccination Requirements for 2022
As you may be aware, all school staff are required to be double dose vaccinated before Term 1, 2022 starts.
The State Government has issued Education Worker (Restrictions on Access) Directions (No. 3), which are published on wa.gov.au. These Directions include vaccination requirements for visitors entering school sites.
Students are not required to be vaccinated however, if your child is on a work placement, they will need to comply with the industry/business requirements at that workplace.
Parents/carers are not required to be vaccinated when:
- dropping off or picking up their child from school;
- volunteering at school on an ad hoc basis;
- attending an event such as an assembly or parent teacher interview; or
- entering the school after hours.
‘Ad hoc basis’ means attendance at no more than one education facility no more than once per week.
Parents/carers are required to provide vaccination evidence (single dose vaccinated from
1 January 2022 and double dose vaccinated from 31 January 2022) or exemption when:
- volunteering at the school more than once a week (this includes volunteering at the school canteen, uniform store or an in-class literacy or numeracy program);
- working in an unpaid capacity at the school more than once a week; or
- participating in an endorsed program at the school where parent attendance is required (such as KindiLink).
The following are acceptable forms of evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or exemption:
- written confirmation of the COVID-19 vaccination issued by the Department of Health;
- the COVID-19 digital certificate, which shows only your COVID-19 vaccinations. Services Australia has information on how to get your COVID-19 digital certificate;
- your immunisation history statement, which shows all vaccinations you’ve had. Services Australia has information on how to get your immunisation history statement;
- an International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate issued by the Commonwealth Government. This shows the COVID-19 vaccination recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register;
- medical exemption issued by the Australian Immunisation Register; or
- temporary exemption granted by the WA Chief Health Officer.
We are committed to ensuring our school is a COVID-19 safe space. We have been provided with a clear direction of what we all need to do to keep students, colleagues and our community safe. If you have any queries, please contact 9238 0900.
Thank you for your support.